This 200-hour, full-time training teaches beginners and advanced practitioners alike the art and science of hatha yoga, empowering the participants to become skilled transmitters of this eminent tradition. Immersion in the program will deepen your own practice, increase your understanding, and provide a firm basis in yogic philosophy. The comprehensive curriculum of this certified training meets and exceeds the standards of the international Yoga Alliance.
Our experienced yoga and meditation teachers share their professional expertise and will inspire you with their authentic and enthusiastic way of teaching. Tropical Thailand and the pacific coast of Mexico provide perfect surroundings for this transformative experience.
The comprehensive curriculum of this Teacher Training Course encompasses a vast range of fascinating topics:
- the essential asanas and sun salutations
- effective purification techniques, including pranayama, bandha, mudra, and kriya
- breath awareness, stress reduction, deep relaxation, and meditation
- metaphysics, ethics and yogic philosophy – modern interpretation and practical application of ancient wisdom
- the classical paths of yoga: jnana, bhakti, karma and raja yoga
Expand to Read More
- teaching methods, and technology for effective instruction
- the art of touch: correction, adjustment, and the evolution of posture
- rhetoric, voice training, body language, marketing, and presentation skills
- practicum sessions with peer feedback and systematic evaluation from experienced supervisors
- personal counseling and coaching sessions
- introduction to Thai yoga massage
- an experiential and practical approach to human anatomy
- subtle energetic structures, including the seven chakras, nadis and the five bodies of man
- yoga therapy and ayurveda
The small size of the group allows personalized guidance and individual support. The dedicated team of professional teachers translates the wisdom of the yoga tradition into accessible, modern language. In addition to the solid foundation in all the areas fundamental to good yoga teaching (such as asana, alignment, pedagogy, etc.), this course specifically emphasizes the following topics:
- holistic health and healing through purification, fasting, diet, etc.
- empowering practicum assignments with efficient feedback and evaluation sessions
Expand to Read More
- integration of theory and practice, East and West, ancient wisdom and modern science
- practical philosophy, yogic lifestyle and the ethics of a yoga teacher
- meditation, including the theory and practice of basic and advanced techniques
The enthusiastic teachers and the inspiring spiritual surroundings have the potential to trigger profound transformations, making this Teacher Training Course a unique and life-changing experience. The intensive schedule of this full-time program is balanced by the lush and nourishing tropical environment.
Live your dreams and allow yourself to evolve in this perfect environment!
…The best part is that now that I’m teaching I can see how well this Yoga Teacher Training prepared me. – David, USA, April 2012
This intensive Yoga Teacher Training Course not only meets, but exceeds the requirements for a 200-hour diploma as established by the renowned Yoga Alliance. This international organization represents more than 35,000 yoga teachers, and its certificates are recognized around the globe. The Akasha Yoga Academy is a Registered Yoga School (RYS-200). The curriculum of our Teacher Training Course is approved by Yoga Alliance, and the primary teacher is accredited as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT-200). Graduates can choose to become members of this and most other international yoga associations. Please find the official criteria and the solid quality standards of Yoga Alliance on their website.
The regular price for our certified 200-hour Teacher Training Course is 1950 Euros.
We offer an early-bird price of 1700 Euros for reservations made two months in advance.
This nice-price already includes a daily breakfast buffet! We strictly limit the number of participants to provide an optimal learning environment for each individual – register now to reserve your spot!
Signing up for our Yoga Teacher Training Course is easy. Simply send us an email and include a description of your previous yoga experience and current motivation. We do require a 200 Euro deposit to hold your space in the course. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Read More
We believe that high-quality yoga teachings should be accessible to everybody, and we are therefore offering reasonable prices for our exclusive courses. If you honestly cannot afford the tuition, please let us know so we can find other solutions (such as work exchange). Don’t let money be a reason to stay away from Yoga!
We selected charming locations of serene beauty to provide an ideal setting for our intensive teacher trainings:
In the East we are situated in Thailand, where we are hosted by a beautiful resort.
In the West we are located in the Mexican fisherman’s town Mazunte, Oaxaca, on the shores of the roaring Pacific Ocean where El Corazon is offering a beautiful space. Both locations are characterized by the ever present beauty of the vast sea. To spend a month in such an amazing setting can in itself be a transformative experience. The intensity of the training is balanced by the peaceful nature and the vastness of the ocean.
The days start with a morning meditation, followed by a hatha yoga session (containing systematic introductions to new techniques and the practice of sun salutations, asanas, and pranayama). After breakfast, the morning continues with various lectures, discussions, and exercises about the topics listed in the curriculum.
The afternoon session consists of another hatha yoga class, practicum and further theoretical and practical teachings. The intensity of the day settles into the stillness of the evening meditation.
The Teacher Training Course is led by Kirsten Reiss and Burkhard Langemann, who have been exploring the world of yoga, science, and spirituality for more than a decade. They both have studied hatha and kundalini yoga, pranayama, and meditation with various eminent teachers, and inspire students with their authentic and dedicated style of teaching.
Read more about them here.
The inspiring team is completed by several experienced guest teachers who share their unique background.