Third Eye Chakra — Ajna
Ajna Chakra, popularly known as the Third Eye, translates roughly as mental command center. Located in the middle of the forehead, and also related to the point between the eyebrows, it is associated to the superior mind and a higher intellect, which comes with the power of insight, discernment, and lucidity. It is said to provide mental focus as well as control of the mind, emotions, and energies. In this way, it also works as an "organ" of clairvoyance, remote viewing, and other similar paranormal abilities. Meditation and Trataka support the development of Ajna, as do advanced mathematics and general memory exercises.
Middle of the forehead
Aggregate of 5 elements
Mind itself — 6th sense
To control (Ajna)
Mental command center / Third Eye
Genius like Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Plato, Aristoteles
No related Vayu
Ajna contains all other chakras as well as all elements. It is where the mind creates reality, polarity begins, the source of duality and therefore door between multiplicity and Oneness. From here, the reverse process is possible; level on which one can control karma.
Emotions & Mentality
- Compassionate and emphatic, full of mercy
- Focused on forgiveness, peace, understanding
- Unconditional love, universal love
- Giving without expecting
- Decision to love – no matter what
- True modesty and humility, selfless service
- Surrender, devotion, sacrifice
- Gratitude and deep appreciation for beauty
- Also self-love and compassion for oneself
- Desire to hug, touch and feel, affection
- Receptivity to love and intimacy from others
- Happiness for freedom of soul, love of Divinity
- Love with a pure, serene, and calm quality
Imbalance / Shadow Aspects
Imbalances on a certain level of consciousness appear due to an excess or a lack of energy on this level.
- Weakness in manifesting or achieving goals
- Not grounded and unstable
- “spiritual airhead”, citizen of a different reality
- Attachment to peak experiences
- Lack of humility, compassion, and trust
- Identifying as the mind instead of the Soul
Meditation, Trataka, strengthen memory, mathematics
"Regular contemplation of this esoteric structure yields a variety of paranormal abilities (siddhi), including immeasurable knowledge, clairaudience, and clairvoyance."
- Georg Feuerstein - Shambala Encyclopedia of Yoga.